PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in the region (Merged ad nauseam)
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2005, 04:33
Panama Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As you said, maybe it's time to face the reality Dimiair, but flying is a career path . . . a job . . . and people expect an honest day's pay for an honest day's work.

World economics-- ah, yes, the race to the bottom! Come over to Nicaragua and try to live with a family on $600 a month-- that's standard FO pay-- bring about $1200 if you fancy yourself a Captain and tell me how you like it and if you feel that you can undercut that salary-- living only to put food on the table is not a sustainable model, but after you're fed up (excuse the pun) and highball back to Europe, there will be another guy willing to replace you.

Those of us who have struggled to succeed in our career goals find it repugnant that extremely short-sighted individuals are all to eager to errode it away because they just want to fly (a-la wow, and you mean I even get paid for this)??? Reading the newspapers, believe this is a reason why Western Europeans are so concerned about the enlargement of the Euro-Zone and immigration.

Captain Stable, you are actually wrong to call this type of activity "prostitution." Prostitutes try to get the most money the possibly can for their services and sometimes show more unity in maintaining a minimum price with their peers-- overall, relatively honorable in a profession that is generally frowned upon by the public. On the hand, girls who "give it away" are referred to as "tramps."

So, Dimiair, you don't want to share a cockpit with me??? Sounds fine by me, you haven't hurt my feelings one bit.

Last edited by Panama Jack; 9th Jun 2005 at 05:09.