PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAS Floodgates Open(Merged).
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2005, 22:33
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

From my (almost 30 years) in airlines, MAStake, it is my opinion, that threats of "considerable numbers" of pilots leaving are simply that - threats, which rarely come to fruition, leaving the pilots who made those threats look stupid, and giving management more confidence to indulge in further cutbacks of the remaining pilots' conditions.

The FACT is it takes a helluva lot, before a pilot will decide to uproot his entire previous life, and leave his friends and family (and association with his employer).
Pilots are eternal optimists, hoping for a new change in direction with a change of management, and as a result are usually willing to stick it out for the long haul, rather than resign.

Yes, there ARE much better rewarded jobs than MAS, on offer with other companies. And it is a shame to see the very loyal, and HIGHLY professional pilots of Malaysian not being rewarded as they deserve, (having flown with many pilots from other countries, I - and others who have worked for MAS - can state that, in all honesty....you guys DO, individually, have VERY good standards.)
But sense of family, State, and company will see the vast majority of you remain in the hope that there is an impending improvement - even if it's finally by way of an unleashed Ringitt.

Reverse the situation, how many of you in MAS would take a job in Indonesia, placed in the same situation as the Indons?
Similar cultures, lifestyles, language, and your new country of residence only a stone's throw from home.

Supporting each other, will benefit all.
Scrapping between yourselves, diverts the attention away from where your focus should be!