PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Epaulettes......rank !
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2005, 21:46
Gwan B Yirheid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Super Cecil, you got me all wrong mate, I don't feel superior in any way - some days when I'm flying over glaciers and beautiful mountains on a clear still day I feel totally humbled that I get to do what I do and get paid for it. There is no better feeling than seeing a customer's face when they get to see what I see every day. I also love it when they think I’ve only been doing it for a short while – not because my flying is crap but because I’m still full of enthusiasm for it all, they think we should be bored of it after three years!!!

Am I old enough to fly?? Well my spotty face is 37 next week if that’s any indication and the funny thing is I drive taxis in my spare time to make ends meet. The fact is half the pilots in the town I work either drive taxis or buses to make ends meet.

If you want something to have a go at I reckon it’s these flying schools that make their students and instructors wear stripes. The jumped up little brats already think they’re gods gift, and to then but bars on their shoulders just makes me laugh. One stripe for PPL’s, two stripes for CPL’s, Three stripes for instructors and the CFI who hasn’t done an ATO in his life has four.

Oh yeah and the first thing we all do as soon as we’ve parked the plane up for the night is remove the above mentioned braid from our shoulders, stuff the tie in our pocket and extract a cold stubbie from the fridge.

Cheers

GBY