PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - jetstar goes regional
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2005, 08:59
QF skywalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's hard to make a profit on DPS from any port - especially when operating on behalf of the QF group.

DPS has always been a 'frequent flyer point' destination. So it is impossible to make money when people are flying for free. Putting the cheapest carrier on the route would be a smart idea....I.E - JQ.

AN INTL crew use to operate A320 flights MEL-DPS-MEL as a day trip. Lookout JQ crew ! AO crews currently do a day shuttle ex DPS to PER and back. However flights from SYD and MEL are one way and then crew overnight.

DEFCON4 - I fly the NGO route regulary. Large leisure tour groups are always on our flights and I don't see that QF has lost any business at all. The pax love AO. We are photographed regularly by the public when walking through the terminals in Japanese ports and our AO merchandise we have on board sells like hotcakes. To become established takes time....I agree that QF is an established brand ( I have worked for them previously for 5 years ) however, I never witnessed the excitement that takes place when the Japanese hop on our aircraft. The word is spreading !
QF are still getting a 767 filled at a cheaper cost base. QF operating a 330 ex SYD with J class would be a great idea for the committed J class customer. But to remove AO would become costly for QF.