PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - jetstar goes regional
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2005, 01:38
QF skywalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Defcon 4 - From recent posts you seem to keep pushing the point about AO being not profitable. I strongly disagree with your comments and I have not heard ANY rumours of AO being shut down - totally ridiculous.

Ansett Intl took 3 years to turn a profit. Australian Airlines turned a profit in first year operations - this was even during the SARS period. Just because the 6th a/c has been put on hold it does not mean an airline is shutting down. In fact....it is a smart business move to further improve the utilisation of the current fleet, rather than focus on destinations which are facing a downturn in passenger numbers due tsunami etc.

JQ can not operate A320 services ex CNS to Japan, Hong Kong etc so there is no way AO would be shut down. Who would operate these flights then ? Especially when loads to Japan are always FULL.

I suggest you get your rumours from somewhere else.

BTW - IN SMH and Courier Mail two week ago they reported that an australian consumer survey gave results of 'Australian Airlines' being best Australian airline. Something to think about