PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2005, 10:04
Mama Mangrove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear that Aero Contractors has now started losing some people to Caverton Helicopters as well as Bristow. Perhaps this is because Caverton have now started operating their Dauphin. I hear it's been flying around Lagos quite a bit recently and it was also seen in Port Harcourt a few days ago - on its way to Malabo apparently. There doesn't seem to be any move to start their shuttle operation in Port Harcourt as yet but that may be because they're getting ready for the one in Lagos. A friend reports that the new Caverton heliport in Lagos appears to be nearing completion and there's been some piling work going on in the river, maybe for their helipad. It's good to see that Caverton seems to be gaining some momentum and getting more work after some of the negative comments about them last year.

Aero have lost at least one (maybe more) engineer to Caverton and I hear that there may be one or two pilots moving that way too. I wonder if the new CHC pay deal will do anything to change that. A number of managers from Canada have been in Nigeria for the last few days and were due to present their new proposals to the pilots and engineers.