PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2005, 10:03
Milt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hornetboy and reacher

Just had a review of this thread from my perspective of one who did it all in the RAAF including some selection boards.

Some time ago there were some references on this thread to a rapidly diminishing level of literacy and how this may be viewed by the recruiters.
Believe me it will have some significance. If the present rate of decline is accepted by the recruiters communication on the flight decks will eventually have to be by a series of grunts. Whenever I see "i" used for "I" I know that person is too lazy to use the shift key and I wouldn't want that person on my flight crew or even in my Squadron. And when I see Australia typed with a small a I think I don't want to know you. It does matter. These are little windows into your literacy and your potential. Some of you expressing yourselves in this slovenly manner are not fit for acceptance by Australia's military elite even though generally you are innocent victims of school teachers who seem to have mostly gone feral.

All aspirants consider - you are trying to be the cream of the crop - not the dumbest.

Hornetboy - your decode of my attempt to define aptitude is spot on. One can sense it in children and wise parents are able to influence them into occupations which appear to be most suitable.

Too early yet for me to propose any changes to the RAAF recruiting assessment system. I don't know enough of the methods being used but intend to soon correct that situation.