PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LHR Base (merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2005, 01:14
jettlager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
galley guru,

where do we start?????
I wouldnt be crowing too loud about your roster as the filth running QF might just hear you.

My guess is that "they" won't be in position to ramp up the efficiency of the base until more flights come on line.
Do you know a fellow by the name of Clinton??? He is one of the 11 month contractors FORCED to move to LHR in order to obtain a full time job.

I do, and his roster is 240 hours. Dont worry, your time will come.

What IS the story with the culture of the crew up there????????????
The Thais HATE [their words, not mine] flying with you lot. Something to do with an unwillingness/inability to work and not just incompetence I believe.
Where in "the book" does it say that the cart exchange is a "Thai only" operation??????????

An "incident" of late where both R4a and L4a worked in J/C for breakfast whilst the CSS stood in the back galley making tea and coffee effectively leaving just the Thais to do the whole Y/C service.
No wonder they are not happy.
Complaints to the CSM falling on deaf ears as the whole arrangement was cooked up by the ex domestic on board managers.

Tell me its not true that breakfast was forgotten to be done into BKK the other day????!!!!!
Where in the PA book is the explanation for that cock up?

An interesting "spin off" from the LHR base is that it has driven the SYD base and Thai crew together as never before. Sure, we have always got along well but recent events it seems have demonstrated [to the Thais at least] the efforts the SYD based crew routinely make.

LHR based ground staff commenting, "Gee, they're a miserable lot". One, with years of airline experience going so far as saying that one crew in particular were the rudest people they had ever met.

Overall it seems that things are SO bad that EVEN QF mis-management have noticed!!!!!!!!!
Care to comment on the rumoured rescue mission from SYD. We hear that "Sherpas", in the form of experienced SYD based crew will be sent up to LHR to try and minimise the damage to OUR reputation??????

The problems with the LHR base are cultural and far deeper than just inexperience. Given the attitude and behaviour of the crew paxing up there in first class those problems are set to continue for a LONG, LONG time.

Bring on the daylight services I say....................

Jettlager