PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LHR Base (merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2005, 18:47
jasmin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Captain Q.

1. I stand corrected re. my mentioning the medical emergency - you were referring to an aircraft emergency ( a la Bangkok )- all crew are trained the same in relation to Aircraft Emergencies - and unless crew are trained in an aircraft that is made to deliberately crash to test trainees reactions - it is impossible to judge how one will react - nobody is able to be placed in a category higher than another in relation to their abilities in an emergency - no amount of flying experience will prepare oneself unless you are in an emergency every week- and from what I recall , the crews responses in Bangkok and also Sydney gate evacuation wasn't perfect at all.

2. My comments re. Long/Short haul - I was referring to stephenj's comments 16th March re. short haul crew operating long haul flights etc. My apologies.

3. The time lag for surveys may be 6 weeks - though when you are handing the surveys out to customers and collecting them again- you have the opportunity to see what feedback has been given- so contrary to other's comments, there have been many satisfied customers in all classes who have flown with QF London based crew.

4. At this stage though the Australian based crew have more than one flight a day into London - it will not be until the entire complement of London based crew are available that the Australian crew will be limited to one flight per day.

I sure hope everything settles down - as I mentioned in my original comments - Qantas management has a hell of a lot to answer for - no London crew can be blamed personally for any problems that occur.