PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Screening of crew operating screened air services
Old 13th Mar 2005, 10:18
colonel hannibal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had an experience at a (Major!!!) hahahaha Airport, where I had to go and get money from an ATM which was on one side of the security, and then get lunch from a shop in the terminal which was on the OTHER side of security. Since it was quicker to go thru security, I tried to do so. Security then demanded that I get half undressed... which I refused to do, and said... 'Listen, forget it. I won't come thru here... I shall go airside".. the answer to which was " No worries!".

I went airside, then came from behind and said " No problems ?", to which he replied" no worries, enjoy your lunch!"

My question is ...." When was the last time a PILOT hijacked an aircraft ? or was involved in a BOMB SCARE etc on his/her (got to be correct!) own aircraft?

Surely if one IS a pilot, and CAN go airside to his/her (PC) own aircraft, then why not?

If a terrorist can fake ID good enuff to get airside, then surely they can fool, a 'RENT - A - COP" ?

Just out of interest ... When was the last time anyone got caught at security impersonating a pilot? ... ANYWHERE ?????