PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - want my money back
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2005, 16:56
X-Centric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Come on guys give Spaceman a bit of room here, he is only trying to make a point. We can all sympathise with his frustration & he should be allowed to let off a bit of steam; I actually think that he is entitled to a lot more support than has been shown thus far.

Does he also have a point? The flying schools do make promises that are a load of B.S., especially in times of job shortages, their very existence depends on lying to potential students about an impending 'pilot shortage' & promises of FL390 glories to come.

Spaceman, do stick with it &, yes, you may have to spend more than you had bargained for in today's market because paying for ratings when it's your first job has become almost the norm. If you have to work for a couple of seasons as a flying instructor then so be it. I served my time as a flying instructor at White Waltham & it was probably the most enjoyable, rewarding flying that I've done. It sure beats sitting in the cruise for 4.5 hours, through the night feeling like sh1t, knowing that you've still got the return sector to come & Greek handlers/ATC to deal with when you get there! If you have your ATPL(f) then you are well & truly on the way, now start to enjoy your flying & keep applying. If it's your dream then the worst thing that you could possibly do is to stop now.