PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea Jigsaw
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2005, 17:26
angelonawire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chopperman

a reply to you scoffing at my optomistic climatology, my comments were definately not about shetland nor the north sea but inland aberdeenshire is surprisingly warmer than the coast, most summers do reach mid twenties, but yes i do agree thirties is a long shot, and being on the east coast of the uk it does benefit from a drier and warmer climate than the west, (fohn effect), after living in cornwall for six years and expecting lovely weather, while infact it pissed down for most of the time, aberdeenshire's climate is rather pleasant.

anyway if queeny and three past royal generations have relished spending their summers here then who am I to argue?

I eagerly await your amusing retort!

x x x

NIGHT WATCHMAN

I suppose " a monkey" was a bit of an audacious description, I should like to withdraw that and replace with "reasonably competant helicopter pilot"....and what would be so bad about training a painter and decorator to be a winchman, I think the training will be a little more than a month and since most SAR captains are able to fly unassisted into force 12 gales whilst simultaneously winching twenty needy survivors from a pitching vessel into the aircraft and performing open heart surgery....who needs any backseaters

besides we are all just ballast easily replaced by 200lbs of fuel

I hope your over inflated reputation doesn't burst.....x x x

Last edited by angelonawire; 4th Mar 2005 at 23:36.