PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Regulatory Reform Program will drift along forever
Old 21st Feb 2005, 06:16
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a lighter note:

One of my favourite programmes on TV right now is "No going back" a terrific docco style show that follows the fortunes of couples who sell up their busy city life and buy say a formerly grand 15th Century European Chateaux to turn into a modern guest house.

Invariably the house had "good bones"

The job is always harder than they could posibly have imagined.

The deeper they look the more evidence they find of botched repairs and el cheapo add ons.

More often than not thay have to tear out the previous renos altogether.

It always takes longer and costs more than they had budgeted, however carefully.

The local bureacracy drives em nuts until they work out it actually works however odd the ways may be and how they can make it work for them.

The locals always have the real answers that often go against theirs and external experts opinion all they have to do is ask.

There is always a point at which they nearly give up to the "I told you so's".

They almost invariably get there, after a lot of very hard hard work, a heap of encouragement, courage and persisitence, some timetable and planning adjustments and usually a bit more cash.

Sound familiar.

I'll betcha B1 and B2 watch the same show if only for inspiration from the people in it.