PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Terminal at Newcastle?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2005, 14:23
witchdoctor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crewboi,

no wonder you're having problems with gate 15 if you're trying to board at stand 7 - you should be in gate 19! Gate 15 is for stands 6 and 8, but I'm sure that is what you meant. Haven't seen the Cloggies down that end of the pier that often either.

agreed that domestic pax arriving/departing via stands 9 and 10 is a less than ideal situation, and the decision to allow it is made all the more bizarre by the restriction placed on no international arrivals allowed through the terminal from stand 5. Wierd!

if easy are bringing more aircraft this summer as rumoured, then i reckon all hell will let loose at some point. there certainly won't be enough pier stands to go around. the airport simply won't supply the manpower at the psu to drive more than 2 coaches and 1 ambulift at a time, yet they must have at least 7 coaches and 3 ambulifts. why? can airside ops be relied upon to make sensible stand allocations when pressured? not much sign of it at the moment.

from a pax point of view, it can be a doddle, when it all goes right, or it can be a confusing and illogical nightmare. pax in gates 17/19/11 that should be in 15 because the signage is so poor; domestic pax in the international corridor (a good 6-7 feet wide rather than the 3 suggested), or vice versa; flights not put on the gates until std -30 because the airport want pax to stay in the departure lounge for as long as poss, so pax miss or delay flights.

a summer of joy i am sure.