PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2005, 14:38
Hope 2 fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NACT (suggestion/explanation)

Hi Flyers,

If the Journal or rumours are correct about new owners making the former NAC facilities available for hire, or by some massive stroke of luck enables the NACT proposal to pip them at the post, I suggest it would be a good idea to have an embryo organisation in place to take up any offer on behalf of any former NAC general members or future potential flyers who decide to join in. By so doing I think it will help get people flying again quicker at Newcastle because they already know the set up (and possibly how to improve & avoid past ‘mistakes’). Alternatively as a group they could start afresh on another airstrip if terms at Newcastle were not favourable.

As author of the NACT Proposal I am entitled to invite people to help further it by delegating responsibilities to a group of them. Once formed the group could act in response to the new members (in waiting) expressed needs. If it is still possible to purchase the former NAC name it would then be possible to keep the “oldest flying club in the country” alive no matter where it lives if people so desired.

It will not be an easy task given it means starting from scratch like the original Newcastle pioneers in 1905. That is?
If it is true that in 1905 Newcastle Airport was born from a twinkle in the eyes of

Five friends who formed a fellowship in a farmers field to further their faith in flying, & so found the Wright way of flying!

Sorry about the ‘Waffle’ Noise!

Let’s get back to serious business. Lottery ticket did not win so it is back to plan ‘A’.
I.e. by way of example only 500 members at £50 PA membership = £25,000.
250 members spending £500 a year on flying = £125,000
500 members spending £500 PA on club activities (not all beer I hope) =£250,000.
Total expected turnover = £400,000
Same story as earlier post basically. Bulk buying will make it cheaper to fly.
Good cash flow management on a pay as you go basis will create scope to develop a club. It may be possible to augment the above with 500 people joining in fundraising activities for fun and in the spirit of the former Newcastle Aero Club motto;-
“by your own Efforts so shall ye rise” to raise the total by £200,000 PA to buy a plane and contribute to paying for activities etc.

Unless of course one of the Ppruner’s reading this site was the sole winner of last nights lottery or next Saturday’s jackpot & pledges £400,000 to start us off!!!!

In the hope people are interested in this approach my next post will be some nominations for people to FORM the INITIAL PILOT CREW to steer the group of potential members onto an airstrip in the shortest possible time. This form of action group is normally called a STEERING GROUP.

Best wishes
Hope2
Get some support