PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin ‘Happy Hour’ Innovation – Fares from $1
Old 19th Jan 2005, 04:48
Pete Conrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
purerisk....again, there is no point to be missed, your batting for the DJ camp, I'm in the QF camp, so I'm batting for them.

Think we should just agree to disagree. I will say one thing, Dixon is not hedging his bets with the likes of Jetconnect, Jetstar etc, it's all part of a long term plan to sure up QF's position in the region. It may hurt QF that some cannabalisation happens,(though I doubt it) but with the loads Pacific Blue are carrying at the moment, as an example, thats gotta hurt Virgin more!!

Market forces are always going to ensure QF's dominance in this region.

What gets up my nose is the bleating by Godfrey et all when things don't go Virgins way - well hello, without the assistance of Government handouts, Virgin is at last having to stand on their own two feet and they are finding it tough.

I do however concede that Emirates is a bigger threat than the Virgins of the world.

It's good to have rational debate on it though, and yes, we are in for interesting times I'm sure.