PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPruNe/Astraeus Selection Day
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2005, 19:27
R T Jones

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The last two questions I have seen posted as questions they ask. My answers to the following would be:

9. I would make the captain aware that I thought he was over the limit and talk to him about it. However I would bring it up not as a big issue to start with. If on talking to him I belived the saftey of out aeroplane and others using the airport were at risk it would be my responsibilty to bring it to a senoir managers attetion at the airport. If I personally was not happy to fly with the captain I would inisit that a 3rd party asses the fitness of the captain. The key here is to maintain respect for the captain and uphold your role of assuring the saftey of everyone on board the aircraft.

This one is a little more tricky
10. I would inform the captain of cloud level to make sure he had not overlooked it. I would then make my postiton clear to the captain and suggest he uses the auto land. I feel it would only make things worse by announcing it to Air Traffic Control but of course this would depend on how serious the situation was. I would try to resolve the situation with meaningful dialog and remembering in the back of my mind that he was the captain and i was not. It would be his responsibilty if anything were to happen, as long as I had made my views clear to him.

I would definatly like some feedback on what all of you think to those answers and what ones you gave.