PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2005, 09:47
sean377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, what memories...

A game of pool round the corner from the bar, with all those plaques, trophies, etc on the wall. Can you remember those plaques which told of winners of local air races (usually Jim Denyer), who'd gained their PPL in what year, etc, etc. I wonder what happened to them. The history they told!

From my experience, all the best clubs I ever visited had a thriving social side. Places where, on a weekend, you queue to get served, be it food or beer. Places like Sherburn, Fenland, White Waltham, Popham. The buzz and the chit-chat in the clubhouse was something we visiting Newcastle pilots could only dream of. If only Eshott... come on Storm... oh, I digress! BUT, Newcastle Aeroclub used to be like that, certainly when I first joined in 1992.

Newcastlepilot, I am Sean N, perhaps the one you know. Enlighten me please. I've spoken to aforementioned instructor a few times over the xmas period. He has his own thoughts about the running of the aeroclub, but they are just that. Nothing he feels he can add to this thread.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Sean