PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 30th Dec 2004, 03:37
Believe Brother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BYMONEK

I hope you aren't suggesting that I made a personal attack on you, or was condescending. I think we agree about the stress of moving and changing jobs. I suspect I have been here more years than you, and for my part, enjoyed the first few years immensely. This was followed by ambivalence, I guess. I think then I was learning more about the organisation we work for. In recent times, since the arrival of AAR as our EVP of flight ops especially, I have seen conditions deteriorate significantly, and hostility shown towards the pilots and the families of the pilots by a condescending senior management. How many airlines throughout the world have a significant number of their captains placed on formal warnings for two years, accompanied by financial punishment, for unbelievably minor incidents? Emirates has quite a few in this position at present. Any potential joiners should think hard about that and the stress it could cause.

So, yes, for some it will be better, others worse. For me, having come from a democratic society, working here has become quite a chore in recent times. Dubai is nowhere near as nice a place as my home country. When I joined, the T&C's were worth making the move. Now, after all the changes in my time here, it is not worth it - my s*** bucket is overflowing I guess! So I am in the group of individuals planning an exit. But, I do understand that for others, it is different. So there, my few pennies worth in answer to the question posed!