PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2004, 14:37
martinidoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TJ
Sorry if I caused offence, about the 200% certainty, however, there is only one thing that I am 100% certain about and that is that I am never 100% certain or correct about anything.

I know that you have the best interests of the club at heart, and I really do hope that your recovery plan suceeds. I do however have honestly held reservations about the likelihood of this bid being a realistic option, and I just hope that it isn't a hoax, which ends dissuading any other plans, and we end up with nothing. Let me make it clear if this is the best proposal and is proved to be genuine I will wholeheartedly support it, I certainly do not want to see any realistic proposal fall flat.

It is hardly surprising that given the recent train of events at NAC, that I treat anything and anybody with a healthy degree of suspicion, particularly if prima facie the proposals seem to be too good to be true. I think it is therefore right and proper to voice my concerns, so that hopefully you proceed with great caution.

JV
I appear to have upset you, by defending myself and other instructors against unwarranted accusations of greed levelled at us in previous posts. One is of course always at a disadvantage, when defending oneself against an anonymous contributor. I answer your questions therefore not because I believe that you deserve a reply, but rather because I believe that the membership of NAC does.

With regard to the PA31, I can confirm that hangarage is paid to the airport authority. That the aircraft was hanagerd for commissioned urgent engineering work (a serious water leak with potentially very serious consequences for the instrumentation and avionics) to be done. Since the club aircraft have been impounded and the airport authority have refused to permit the club aircraft to be placed in the hangar (presumably to try and ensure that they have first charge over the club aircraft) it has rested in the club hangar by agreement, and any fees owing the club will be paid. This arrangement was made by another member of the PA31 group, and as a club member, I would not support the continued hangarage of the PA31 if required for the club aircraft. The PA31 will be moved out as soon as the club aircraft are released by the Airport authority, but in the meantime the club is generating income out of space it cannot use in any other way. This also assists other club members who are private owners by releasing the pressure on the Bellman, which is where the PA31 has a designated space.

With regard to the JP (of which I am only 1 of 20 members and not a director), an agreement was reached between a former aero club chairman and the chairman of the JP group regarding the hangarage. I was not party to that agreement, but I believe that hangarage fees are paid. I regret that I am unable to give you any figures as I am not involved in the administration of the JP. I suggest that you ask either NM or KL for the figures involved.
ICM