PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2004, 12:34
CSerpent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too match Ian's sentiment. I completed my PPL in less than a year and have now held it for just over 2 - solely at Newcastle Aero Club.

It is with the instructors that I managed to get there.

I personally will miss the instruction of all those Ian listed above, and although it was Jonathan Charlton (now at Loganair as an FO) who did the majority of my training work to assist in completing my PPL, Keith still took the test, did my complex checkout on G-NELI, and was about to take my IMC test before the club folded. (I've now lost I suspect the remaining money I paid upfront for the IMC course). My thanks also go to Les Bates (for coming in in the evenings when he could have his feet up watching the football) for doing my IMC course; John Corlett aka The Sarge, for the checkouts when needed; Jon "Schumacker" Lamberton (as he ended up getting called but a few of us for his taxiing); Ian Chambers for nearly getting my IMC completed before the worst happened; Andreas Bakolis - who didn't end up getting to Blackpool in G-NELI that weekend!

One thing I would say though is Danielson needs to be called to account over his activities - for sure!

I too would like to know more about Aussie Air as I can't seem to find much on them either!