PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oct 9 - The real vote on the Aviation Reform Group
Old 3rd Sep 2004, 14:53
DirtyPierre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was me!

Wiley,

That was me who said that my children will be landed with a considerable debt to achieve the same sort of education I received for free. Yes, you are correct, it's not really free, the tax payers fund it. That means, however, it's available for everyone, not just the wealthy. Just like roads, public health, old age pensions, etc.

I currently send my children to private schools, because I can afford it (the Catholic education system is great for this). I cannot, however, afford to put my children through Uni. The current cost of a degree in Law, Medicine, Dentistry, etc is in the order $120K. That's right! Increase that by 25% next year, and see if you can afford it.

As for 1975. Well, Whitlam was ousted by Malcolm Fraser. Fraser was a good PM. But as my financial advisor told me, Oz market is but 0.5% of the worlds economy and bigger forces outside Oz governments drive our economy. Saying that Labor bankrupt Oz's economy is BS, and no amount of saying it over and over makes it more right.

The real question is will Labor be better. I'm willing to give them a try. They've got three years to do something, including get rid of dick, before the next election.

DP

Last edited by DirtyPierre; 3rd Sep 2004 at 20:40.