PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airspace Reform – Quiet Reflection
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2004, 12:42
NOtimTAMs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VoR

Nice summary. I've not agreed with all of the VoR posts, as some have varied greatly in objectivity, but this one is certainly on the money.

...a dramatic polarization of views in Australian aviation, with a hard “in favour of NAS” faction, and a hard “against NAS” faction, and very little observable middle ground.
It has been very difficult for anyone on this forum to post anything but complete agreement with one end or other of the debate without beeing "shouted down" by those who obviously have more time to spend in front of a computer terminal to defend their position/s. And it does seem that apart from RHS, the "antiNAS" folks have most of the time or the inclination.....

At times I have played a very minor (I have a life away from the PC) devil's advocate role in pointing out that the very things that make some folks apopleptic seem to be OK in some areas but not in others ( e.g. IFR RPT crossing VFR GA in "E" over "D" near YSCH is BAD but then accepting jet RPT descending into G then MBZ as in Ballina/Byron).....all questions regarding what is the objective standard that separates these circumstances are ignored or returned with a vitriol that is underserved (how ya goin' Binos?).

A declaration of "what constitutes acceptable or unacceptable risk in Australian aviation" would be most welcome. The Medical section of CASA have been basing their risk assessments on a 1:1000000 risk of pilot incapacitation for example.

Creamie

1. VFR private flying - ~1:5 delays in/near terminal airspace; up to 20 minutes of orbits traversing YBCG airspace on a CAVOK day. IFR private flying - no delays. Other IFR flying - no delays. It's OK if you pay.....except private IFR ex:Bankstown - expect to be d*cked around extensively most times unless you want to stay =<8000 via RIC.

2. *Always* flight planned with >> 1 hour notification and if VFR, call >10 minutes before boundary, with ATIS. IFR, never any delay, just the occasional vector. It's OK if you pay....

3. There are ACFT without TXP??!!

BTW - why would a lawyer be interested in FACTS and DATA??

Cheerio chaps