PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oct 9 - The real vote on the Aviation Reform Group
Old 29th Aug 2004, 07:48
Shitsu-Tonka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who cares if Howard lied about the children overboard?

I do.

And I would like to think I am part a growing number of Australians who care how Australia and Australians are now regarded in the world.

People who see Australia not just as a snapshot of economic figures and a US subsidiary, but as having a sense of what is right morally - not just financially.

you'll have illegitimate "refugees" as neighbours
What is an illegitimate refugee? You are either a refugee or you are not. Or is this another resurrection of the kidnapping of Pauline Hansons rhetoric and policy again? Next will you be telling me about the queue jumpers? You remember. The ones from Iraq who were here for economic reasons so we sent them back. And then 18 months later helped Sherrif Dubya invade their country because of their despotic leader who had persecuted their ethnic minorities - so, oops, I guess they were refugees after all? Or did we help bomb Iraq because of their WMD's after all? Or did our PM just get 'bad and untimely advice?'.

Your point about the pending financial ruination by an ALP government is a perfectly scripted scaremonger statement - textbook stuff straight from the Lib disinformation campaign that I expect to hear lots of in the next 6 weeks.

But I will agree with you on one thing:

The Liberals don't deserve another term