PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225
Thread: EC225
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2004, 10:32
NickLappos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vertalap,

Do you have the certificate number and issue date for that EC 225 airworthiness certification, which escaped the attention of the press? Since the S-92 received the EASA Transport Helicopter certificate #1 in June, I would guess theirs is #2.

And the S-92's oil protection system protected the transmission to the FAR/JAR with such aplomb that we shut the test down at 3 hours, not 30 minutes, with the system still running along (but admittedly pretty close to its end). That is 2 1/2 hours longer than required. The pilot must activate the system, but has several seconds to do so after clear indications, and the checklist does not say "land immediately."

a further note:

This quote came from the EC press release, Feb 13, 2004:

"Another asset of the EC 225 is that its meets virtually all the latest JAR 29 amendments, including the "flaw damage tolerance" requirements for the main helicopter components (rotor and fuselage). " [http://www.shephard.co.uk/Search.asp...ction=Rotorhub]

I guess that means it "virutually" met the JAR requirements! I believe it was greatly grandfathered, and met some/many/a few of the latest JAR requirements, but its certificate will tell the "certification basis" which will outline every paragraph of the regs that it truly meets.

Last edited by NickLappos; 31st Jul 2004 at 10:50.