PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beware when your eticket disappears
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2004, 18:23
Aksai Oiler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beware when your eticket disappears

So much for etickets. Whilst in Kazakhstan a week a go I changed the date of my BA eticket from Moscow to Heathrow (I was flying the return leg of a full fare economy ticket which had already been paid for). A couple of days ago, whilst I was logged into my Executive Club account I noticed my booking had disappeared so I called the Reservations line in Newcastle to find out that my eticket had been deleted by mistake. At this point it was re-instated.

This afternoon I went to check in for the BA873 in Domededovo - whilst I was waiting to get my boarding card the check in lady told me there was a problem and she had to go an see the Duty Manager. About 10 minutes later I was told that if I wanted to fly Club Europe I had to pay extra (I had not booked Club Europe, but Economy). I demanded to see the Supervisor and was told that there had been a mistake and I was not booked in Club Europe but Economy (this I knew, but then again I didn't book myself in Club Europe in the first place, Newcastle Reservations Centre did). After a long discussion with the ground crew I managed to secure my economy boarding pass, and my onward boarding pass to Manchester (which was a full Business UK ticket). However just because I was bumped from Club Europe, my onward Business UK seat was moved half way down the cabin from 01A to 15F (so I guess there is some underhand seating policy as well, as I was preassigned 01A).

All in all the who experience was humiliating - I had not booked the Clue Europe sector, BA reservations - who had my booking reference, had. At the moment, I am somewhat angry and am considering boycotting BA (I only have flown them on 28 flights so far this year, but obviously this counts for nothing). BA's Customer Service is somewhat to be believed.

I hope Bealine is reading this, because after a long discussion with the Newcastle Reservations Office after this fiasco; my support for BA has dwindled to ZERO

BA keeps publishing in High Life it policy regarding disruptive Passengers; well what about the passenger's right when it gets continually poor service. At the moment I am going to vote with my feet, my next flight is with bmi and I'm considering cancelling my round trip Club World flight to Tel Aviv on Tuesday and flying with Lufthansa.

Oiler