PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is it about the Wessex that makes people so fond of it?
Old 28th May 2004, 20:25
965Bedstead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a maintainer, Wessex Vs were the only aircraft which brought on sickness during flight. I was so glad of autostab in the Seakings. On a flight from VL to Valley I sat with my back to the door, opposite the crewy who was sat on the breadboard. I coughed up my lunch onto his map. He pushed my head out of the door and shut it on my neck where I continued to plaster the side of the cab. I remained outside for about half an hour in a February slip stream. I couldn't get back in because I thought the crewy had his foot on my neck. In fact my ear defenders had got cought. I could have come back in anytime.

Spent many an hour asleep on the flotbag, or if not asleep, shouting "Up Pole!".

1981 Air Day rehersal at Points West VL. I count 18 WX

A couple of Wessy Flares. A number of Seaking IV TRs were written off during the conversion

Norway Winter 1981. Splendid cam. Even when the a/c had departed the puddles of OM15 were a dead give away. (and in summer the piles of pink poo paper next to 4 foot silver birch stumps)