PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad luck or bad customer service - FR STN/LBC/STN
Old 12th May 2004, 00:15
jonathang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we had already had the flight home changed by Ryanair when they moved the departure forward by almost 4 hours and now they had to move it to another airport (admittedly not through any choice of theirs). What angered me is that when you book with Ryanair, they ask you for several different contact details including telephone numbers, but all that had been sent to inform us was an email that wasn't read - I was already on holiday! I think it would have only been right for them to call those people whose journeys had started but had not yet been completed to make sure that they were aware of these rather decent sized changes. Does anyone agree?
Once again another read the Terms and Conditions.

Ryanair are a point to point airline.

From A to B , not back to A again.

You booked from B to A as well.

You book your journey single sector and not for a return trip. They clearly state it is your responsibility to check the times do not change and this information can be easily found by checking your e-mail or calling the Ticket Desk of the departure airport.

Sorry but I don't agree Ryanair should phone people and tell them the flight details have changed. When they clearly state in their terms and conditions they won't do that.

It's an extra cost.

Most airlines would not phone and advice passengers of a time change, not just Ryanair.

Here's another laugh for you. When we booked a daytrip with FR to LBC last May, we found out the day before that our return sector time had been brought forward by about 6 hours too and as a result, we had to cancel the trip altogether as the daytrip would have been about 3 hours long!!
Risk you take when you book two single
Sector flights. The carrier does not know your plans. The responsibility is to get you from A to B.

Basically another example of passenger expectations not matching the product offered and clearly stated.