PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IOT 211 Cancelled
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2004, 13:12
allan907
Nixor ut Ledo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another syllabus eh? Well, I suppose that the last one had a good 10 year run.

I was a flt cdr 83-85 and started with the old, old syllabus. Along with Neil Hutchinson (still in and a Wg Cdr) and a couple of others we started off the revised, macho, recourse course. Introduced lots of sensible things like TACEVAL type scenarios, flexibility, and stuff much more aligned to the real Air Force. Oh, and we also did away with foot and leg problems. It was amazing what cadets can do when they are given a proper challenge. Anyway by 1992 (I think) the Recourse Squadron had been wound up (lovely final dining in night at Sleaford Tech - except the the few original flt and sqn cdrs who turned up didn't get a mention at all) on the grounds that it was so successful at turning Comprehensive School wimps into RAF officers that they decided to make it the main course.

The one thing that we seemed to have very little impact on though was the standard of English. God only knows what the schools were teaching kids but some of them hardly knew how to write their own language. Don't suppose it's changed that much!

How history turns. Ah, happy days!