PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - By the Cabin Crew door?
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2004, 10:14
CAT3C AUTOLAND

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMEX,

Thanks for your response, some interesting points made. I am hoping to finish my IR off in the summer, so this is the time I will be looking for work, either flying, which would be great of course, or something else. I really would like a job in the industry whether it be ground crew or cabin crew, just to keep a hand in, if I can't get a flying job straight away. I was involved in the Aerospace prior to starting pilot training, however it was indirectly and not at an airport.
Personally though I have always omitted to tell I was a trained pilot during interviews. I figured out this could go against me so I chose not take the chance
Now I must admit, I have thought of taking this approach, however, due the fact I finished my ATPL exams 6 months ago, and have been flying full time since finishing, I have now been out of full time work for a long time! I would dread the question in the interview that say's, 'so, I see that you have not been actively working since 2002, so what have you been doing with all that spare time?'

Will just have to see what happens I guess, mind you more importantly, I still have the pass the IR flight test!