PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Handley Page Victor.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2004, 10:23
Noah Zark.

Ich bin ein Prooner.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have at last managed to mount an expedition to the far side of my loft, and unearthed a commercially produced video of the Victor, which I new I had, but had lost track of.
It is taken at Marham (at least, it shows the Marham village sign at the beginning!)
The vid. sets out to show each individual in a crew, their task, and where they are situated in the a/c. It then goes on to show a typical training sortie, tanking from another K2, and also refuelling some Harriers and Tornado.
It's not "blessed" by hideous background "music", but the soundtrack is the R/T between the crew, and the a/c and ground.
It features K2's of 55 Sq., and the aircraft which can be identified, on the ground, in the air, etc, are:-

XM715
XL161
XL164
XL190
There are three names, two of which I can have a guess at, as their name patches wee partially obscured, or w.h.y., and the third is clearly legible.
Of the first two, the only part I can read on one is the surname, Flynn.
The second, a pipe-smoking chap, is definitely Bill, and the surname looks to be something like SCRADO. Apologies of course, if I'm wrong.
The third, definite, is Tim Butler.
By the way, a comment in the dialogue tells me that this was circa 1993.
A comment, if I may. It looked naff for the guys in the back, working with the huge parachute strapped to their back all of the time. And finally a question. What were the two retractable air scoops on top of the fuselage in front of the fin for?