PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French licensing policy (French JAR-FCL).
Old 21st Feb 2004, 23:52
Superfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi BarajasGuy,

I am exactly in the same situation as yours. I received the same letter from Air France a couple of months ago. However France is not in a position to refuse you from flying on Foxtrot registered aircraft as it would go against the principle of the JAA . They made it more subtle by asking you to contact the DGAC in order to have your Spain issued JAR license recognised under their "french" standards . As stipulated here ---> " En conséquence, nour vous conseillons de contacter la DGAC- 50 rue Henri Farman 75015, Paris (01.58.09.43.21), car nous ne pouvons pas, en l´etat actuel de votre dossier, donner une suite favorable á votre candidature. Celle-ni pourra eventuellement etre acceptée lorsque vous serez en possesion d´un document délivré par la DGAC (francesa) stipulant qu´il vous est dorénavant possible de voler sur les avions inmatriculés en France et sous reservé que vous respectiez l´ensemble des critéres de recevabilité en vigueur"

you will need to fill in a dossier with all proof of JAR training done in spain. They will then issue you with a "french" JAR license ! It 's definitely a pain in the neck but I know few people who did it and now fly Foxtrot registered aircrafts. I suggest that you call Mrs Corboliou on +33 1 58 09 44 49 in order to get an application form.

good luck, SF