PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2023, 07:50
laviation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think this will be a summer of consolidation. We have some nice capacity increases from EasyJet, Jet2 and Ryanair. I believe we will have Southwind, Egyptair and possibly El Al (rumoured to have gotten slots) as the new names. Winter 23, I can see us getting Air India (BOM and DEL like originally in the S23 report) BA Euroflyer are one possibility too. Even just 3 or 4 320/321 based and routes to more ‘luxury’ Med destinations would work. There is certainly the market for it in the catchment area, as flying the BA brand may be an attractive proposition for some. Aer Lingus could very well launch Chicago and/or Boston depending on A321 deliveries. Delta would be a very welcome surprise however given Virgins obvious issues on MAN-ATL, it may be best to let Delta take on the route, A330neo would be nice. Air China and Juneyao might opt for something too. I can see Hainan going back to daily at some point, Juneyao would be really good to PVG, even if it is via Helsinki as originally planned. Cathay Pacific will inevitably opt for even more capacity with the recent influx of BNO holders from Hong Kong, specifically in the MAN catchment area which is proving popular. 10x weekly flights could be in order for W23, maybe even extending to double daily next year. Others? I’m not sure. Virgin could always surprise us and commit a few of the LHR A330s that have been replaced by 330neo to MAN, maybe even opening up LAS and SFO as well as BOM, but I think any Virgin/Delta expansion is down to Summer 24.Unfortunately, looks as if Royal Jordanians slots have gone. No mention of them on the MAN departures site. Egyptair still there with 5 weekly flights on A320neo