PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network EBA
Thread: Network EBA
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2023, 03:14
abaderrr

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Slippery_Pete
I’m sorry, but that’s an absolute load of horse ****.

It epitomises the Gen i attitude. “Won’t be my problem soon, so I’ll just **** on the people who are junior to me and who might work at Network one day in the future.”

It also proves my point earlier in the thread that Australian pilots have zero fkg concept that the lowest denominator on the pecking order controls not only their conditions, but to a large extent, those above them.

If people don’t care because they’re on the mainline hold file, they’re pretty naive - because THEIR conditions at mainline into the future will be determined by how low the bottom of the industry is willing to go.

Make no mistake about it, Network pilots have a huge responsibility with this negotiation.

You only have to look at what happened at NJS. They got butt-hurt and scared with empty threats, and so they caved and signed a **** deal. Straight after, a whole bunch of them left because there was no long term future there. And the ones left behind who didn’t have another plan are dealing with an absolute ****-show. Lastly, now the can has been kicked along the road and all other negotiations for group airlines and other Australian airlines have been made worse.

Please don’t sell out on your mates, and on your own long term future. Stop being selfish children.

Regardless if you’ve got a new job lined up, if you wouldn’t work under those conditions into the future, don’t vote it up. You’re just pissing on the industry as a whole.

You accuse Qantas of killing the goose that laid the golden egg. The real golden egg here is the best bargaining position Australian airline pilots have been in for 30+ years. Network pilots saying “fk you, I’m just gonna look after me” are actually the ones killing the goose.
Didn't the washed up mainline blokes recently do the exact same thing?