PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 27th Mar 2023, 06:50
soseg

Received 316 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by DropYourSocks
This whole argument is stupid. Everyone now knows the benefits of the US, more money and better career opportunities. Everyone also knows what you get if you choose to stay at home, close to family and your own people.

What would be enlightening though, is to hear from those who came and left, what exactly it was about your experience that led you that way? The US isn't for everyone, and that's ok. This thread is great for highlighting the pros, it probably wouldn't hurt to have a solid list of the cons for those still on the fence.

I'll start us off with an experience I had first renting here... Con - the baffling need to pay for rent with a cheque, or pay a surcharge if you choose to pay online.
I know someone who left USA a year ago to come back to fly jets in oz. Instant regret. Within a few months already looking to go back to their old company or utilise their TR at a rival company. They were absolutely shocked once the reality of a subsidiary pay cheque and hours/days worked presented itself to them.