PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-4
Thread: Edinburgh-4
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2023, 10:01
nighthawk117

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GSM763
The EDI check-in hall is a mess and I say that as someone who generally quite likes the airport. They have tried every trick in the book to get maximum value out of the limited space - from the pods, to extending it into arrivals to twilight check-in. In a sense, it's quite admirable what they've managed to do with a very limited design but we are really, really pushing at the limits of that now.
As I said, that can easily be fixed now that trafifc no longer uses the road outside, apart from busses. Re-route the busses, then expand out across where the road used to be. That will provide a lot more space in the check in area.

They built new immigration and customs facilities a few years back next to the new widebody stands. The South East pier could easily be modified to allow access in to this by building a second bridge over Gogar Burn for arrivals.

I really dont think a new terminal is needed, there's plenty that can be done to address issues with the current terminal should they wish to.