PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair interviews and sim assessments - 2
Old 17th Mar 2023, 08:38
dibba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
feedback

info about me: im 23 with normal MCC applied 08/11/22 got email for online assessment 01/02/23 did it on the 4/02 and was told i will be in the hold pool for the face to face interview and sim assessment. Got invitation on the 01/03 and my assessment day was 15/03
I did my sim prep at AFA 2h pm 2h pf

the day of the interview: my group was mostly spanish people 2 portugese and 1 dutch and then me.
I had my interview with ken and a hr lady. She started first: tell me abot yourself, why ryanair, a tell me a bout a time question based on my cv, why would i be a good capt, what was my biggest achievement so far, why are sops important, can i pay, have i applied elsewhere.
tech: ken went through my log book, asked me which engines did my first plane and my last plane have, what is the best propeller pitch for take off, what about max speed, what are the 3 things which make the single engine aircraft yaw to the left, what is a critical engine and why is it a critical engine on my me aircraft i flew, why do i not change the fuel selector after run up on my previous aircraft
jet question: pic of 737 tell me which parts are heated, how many pitot tubes, are all the windows heated, how many alpha vanes, static ports, how many and are they heated? good what about the engines, are they heated, bleed air or electrically? from which stage of the compressor is the bleed air taken from, what about wings are they heated? why do we have a washout on the wing?

For sim I had ken as well I was pm first sid was east midlands tnt 2n. fd and ath on. after level off they go off and then speed up to 250 and then turn heading xxx . climb to altitude 8000 with 1500fpm while climbing turn to heading xxx. stay on heading to intercept radial xxx from trent. steep turn. what is your bearing to ndb , what will be the hold entry, but no holding done. then came problem, my sim partner had gen failure source off I had problem with the air conditioning. PIOSEE NITS PA set up for the approach identify where u are with qdr and brief the approach, take controls and land.

idk if i passed or not i will know on monday, ken was quite helpful though. If i didnt know something he would just tell me. he even helped out people in the sim