PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2023, 22:20
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Of course it would be great to see Cathay Pacific return to LGW. With the airline's LHR slots returning to pre-pandemic levels from April 2023 I too can foresee CX returning to LGW at some point but probably not before the IATA 2024 summer season in my opinion.

Air Asia X have form in announcing new routes which often do not materialise. Obviously it would be excellent news for LGW if Air Asia X do confirm the resumption of KUL-LGW via DBX but until that happens I'm keeping an open mind.

I've often wondered if it would be in the best interests of Air Mauritius if they relocated from LHR to LGW. If I was to be asked on what my thoughts would be regarding any of the current long haul airlines at LHR that were considering a move to LGW, in my opinion Air Mauritius would be a good candidate.

I can't believe how LGW has gained so many new airline entrants and new route announcements along with airline and route resumptions being announced in such a short time frame.

London Gatwick Airport is looking forward to seeing several new airline entrants in the coming months, both long and short haul along with a few airlines resuming service at the airport.

This includes the following.

Air China....begins 01 April 2023 (airline resumption)
Air India....begins 26 April 2023 (new entrant although the airline previously operated DEL-LGW for just one summer season in 1982)
Badr Airlines (new entrant, commenced 15 February 2023)
Bamboo Airways (new entrant, commenced 31 October 2022)
Dan Air....begins 16 June 2023 (new entrant)
Delta Air Lines....begins 19 April 2023 (airline resumption)
Lufthansa....begins 33 April 2023 (airline resumption)
Saudia....begins 01 June 2023 (new entrant)

I have no doubt that this list will continue to grow in the coming weeks and months.