PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2023, 22:17
Kevgti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RA85684
It's all very interesting. It would appear (so far) that Jet2 might be looking at a dual 737/A2*N fleet in the longer term.

Obviously there will be the retirements of the 733's and 752's as well as older 738's one would assume. There are 24 738's over 20 years of age and another 12 in their late teens. On a very base level, without looking at individual cycles, hours, ownership, airframe defects, major checks etc. etc. etc. that's 51 aircraft that would look to be in the firing line by the end of the decade. I reckon we'll see a number of these 738's hit their 30's in service with Jet2.

Will we see Jet2 buying up second hand A320 and A321ceo's down the line? Are we going to see the fleet increase to 150-200 as we approach 2030? I'd say that would be almost inevitable if a reasonable amount of Gatwick slots are sourced.

I do believe the future looks bright for the plucky little northerners.
With only 3 A321ceo with 220 seats they will either have to increase the numbers or remove them as a sub fleet of 3 can't help with scheduling.

Makes sense to pick up newer used 738s when available if they can at a good price to allow for the retirement / removal of some of the older frames whilst increasing in house capacity rather than relying on ACMI for peak season.