PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes at Old Warden
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2023, 21:40
POBJOY

Received 72 Likes on 26 Posts
Local user not unhappy

Originally Posted by DHfan
To add to discussions on the previous page, we did call into the cafe at St Just airport in September 2021.
We were served some decidedly average and outrageously priced coffees, in cardboard cups, by an extremely surly woman behind the counter.
I can't remember now about buns/cakes but we won't be returning.
As a local based occasional user of the Airport catering facility at Lands End (St Just) I have to say that this free to use facility is quite acceptable as a commercial airport coffee spot. Not only that but it offers a very close view (for the spotters) of the operations thrown in. Not quite the previous rural atmosphere of the 'homemade' 'Chocks Away Cafe', but it offers a service to all who have a choice whether to use it or not. On a slightly historical note the original Airport cafe operated by Scillonia Airways (Rapides) utilised the former fire engine building (complete with service pit) This was opened decades ago by one Elizabeth Taylor who happened to be filming nearby, the service pit becoming a fish pool. Another good spot is the nearby Geevor Tin Mine cafe that has fantastic views out to sea plus excellent food. Of course those of us of a certain age also remember the classic Dillows at Biggin Hill.