PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hill Helicopters HX50
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2023, 18:43
admikar

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Shagpile
People always comparing it to the long certification times of other machines. It’s Experimental. It just needs to work. They are doing the HC50 certification in parallel so that can take as long as it needs, probably 5-10 years. Stop comparing apples with oranges.

I suspect this long thread will continue to go back and forth as things are designed. “He got an engine but look it blew up ha ha”. “Look it flies but they had ground resonance how **** is that”. “They made their factory but it was late”. “Oh yeah they are selling but it’s a long wait time and £100k more than they promised”. “Oh look it only goes 140kts, all those hill evangilists said it would probably go 160”. “Haha look it’s got an AD for this issue now - we said that would be a problem 3 years ago”. People will always complain.
That is the problem. Hill didn't say: I'm building another experimental helicopter. He said: I am building helicopter that will have X performance, will cost Y money and will be finished by Z time.
The reason he said so is to attract investors. So far, none of his XYZ came true.
As far as I can remember, none of us "negative nancies" as you call us ever said we wish he fails. We only questioned XYZ mantra.