PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Airlines DEFO
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2023, 04:15
maxconthrust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Saul.Goodman
How long have you been waiting for mate? Best of luck for your application.

Yeah I was kind of hoping to see what a typical month in the life of a relatively junior FO at SQ looks like. This way I could gauge how often I'd be able to get back home during days off.
You will not be getting anywhere near enough consecutive days off to be able to commute anywhere further than 6 hours away. ID travel is not going to be reliable since loads are averaging >85%.

Trip bids? Forget about it. There is a system, but the system doesn't give a sh*t about your seniority (how many points you bid), it only considers if the algo (extremely buggy and often schedules illegal/non compliant trips) views your roster as "optimal". You get 2 "off day bids" or 1 trip bid per month. If you bid 1 day off, you don't get a trip bid. If you bid a trip, you don't get to bid a day off. And it doesn't care if your bid is successful.

On the mandatory CLA days off (2 a week), you are required to inform the company if you leave base. On days above and beyond the CLA days off, you are required to seek permission.