PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurowings Europe F/O
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2023, 03:38
AMeireles97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello All, I changed my comment, I will remove my email from here because I keep getting emails from everyone but I will replace it with the feedback I made and gathered from some people from the BQ assessment for EW.

Good luck everyone!

I am sending you a feedback I made from my assessment Eurowings Basic Qualification Assessment

** Part 1 ** (they give you a paper and pencil)
  • ATPL: 60 questions in 40min
Air Law / Instrument / Meteo / M&B / Pof / Performance mostly, study from where you can (AE, PASS, Latestpilotjobs) just do questions!

Feedback from other colleague:

“Examples of questions i can remember : about inversion, ground effect if distance is increased etc, speed of warm front comparing with cold front, percentage of oxygen for passengers of non pressurised aircraft, what indicates centerline taxilights flashing yellow green, when you have to advice ATC about your expected time of arrival, controlled flight after 30 min, 2 x find the landing fuel (given figures of MTOW, taxi, trip etc), how much the pressure is reduced in comparison with MSL (answers 25%,30%,50%,100%). Thats all I remember”
  • Maths: 25 questions in 20min. Doable, be careful with time management!
Feedback from other colleague:

“The most difficult test from both 2 blocks. 25 questions of problem solving with fuel consumption, distance, find cubic meters, find litres with given parameters ( height width height) and triangle.”
  • English: is easy if you are good in English, some weird popular sayings that you have to know like “Don’t make a mountain out of a mole” these type of sayings. In the end 5 images that you have to chose a description that fits both gramatically and context wise
  • Spatial orientation: like skytest just practice from there, (you know after you turn this how will it look like) but more difficult.
  • Logical Reasoning: like skytest, cube with aircraft and blue and grey colours.

Lunch break: there are sandwiches, water, coffee, chocolates during the whole day so no need to pay for breakfast in your hotel for that morning

** Part 2 ** (No paper, no pencil)
  • Mental Maths: Practice at home with mental calculations, first starts easy like 25x19 then goes harder and harder. Also time calculations like 12:13 + 207min and goes harder and harder.

Feedback from colleague:

“example 26x16x5, 45x16x3, and then you have Hour calculations. For example 15:00 + 24 minutes, but as you continue becomes harder. Example again : 15:00 - 01:25 +270 minutes.”
  • Multitasking: Way easier than Skytest, so if you practice from there you’re good!
Feedback from colleague:

“you follow the cross, instead of alarms you have 4 trafic lights ( when you see blue light you press the relevant A S D F), you have also 3 tanks with colour. You fill it when starts decreasing but more easier than skytest. (for example if tank Q is decreasing you just press Q) and finally you have callsign and whenever you hear instructions about your Callsign you type it and Press Enter. For example if the audio says india papa 3 2 1 climb and maintain 1000 ft and this is your call sign, you type 1000 and you press enter.”
  • Perception: Easier than Skytest on level hard, harder than level medium. Tip: count the colors and shapes and then try to see the A/C direction (much more questions about shapes and colours, at least for me). You’ll see one page with coloured shapes and aircraft orientation inside, then you ll see the second page, and you ll choose the correct answer what changed.
  • Memory: Difficult, like skytest, practice from there.
Feedback from colleague:

“Also there is a test that shows for example

Blue symbol :42

Red symbol: 85

Blue different symbol:91

And after this will be a question mark like this blue different symbol?

In addition the hardest one is with a symbol and 3 digit number, for example

yellow symbol:923

black symbol: 245

Red symbol:452

You will have 5 questions of each (5 with 3 numbers, 5 with two numbers, 5 with airplane, and one more that i cannot remember.)”

In the end you will take a personality test of 100 questions in 30 minutes. Be advised that this test they will not take it into consideration at the day of your BQ but only at the final interview (if you pass BQ and sim).

Thats it guys. Prepare from Skytest and study the theory from where you can, also practice mental maths and try to be as time effective as possible. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by AMeireles97; 14th Jun 2023 at 18:46.