PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 21st Feb 2023, 00:20
On Guard

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ofinruzber
Hi,
Just a question as an Aussie about to graduate from a four year Commerce/Aviation (Management) degree from UNSW.
I have no experience flying yet and honestly feel like eventually once I am done with all my training, I will end up living/flying in the US anyways.
Should I just go directly to the US and do my flight training there? It seems as if the demand and opportunity in America is huge, while very little in Australia.
It seems as if the Aussie schools are very expensive anyways, not worth it for what is is and don't offer any kind of guarantee of employment.
As for American schools, I have done my research and found a potentially promising school; Hillsboro Aero Academy. They offer a accelerated course where you can get your CPL, CFII, MEI, etc within a year at a relatively cheap price, offer an F-1 visa (gives you the right to work for 2 years after completing the course) and 99% of their graduates are able to get jobs as instructors, upon graduation. I will possibly be able to get an E3 visa afterwards as well.
Should I move to America straight after my degree and do flight training there, or do my flight training in Australia and move to the states afterwards?
i would also enter the green card lottery each year.