PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirBaltic
Thread: AirBaltic
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2023, 12:37
Michael S

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by patituri
We should open a new thread about which aircrafts are considered EFIS. I don’t know if there is any legal definition. As I wrote before, SAAB isn’t equipped with an EICAS, I checked photos there are mechanical gauges instead. But has CRT PFD. I don’t know the percentage of electronic instruments for an aircraft to be considered EFIS. Ideas for new threads…
For airbaltic’s requirements that people ask…
They also hired this period a Czech guy who was flying a LET410, that’s not an EFIS for sure. Maybe someone will say that if you install an ipad in LET410 cockpit might be considered as EFIS, at least for airbaltic hiring team.
They also hired an Italian guy with 0 hours on aircrafts above 5,7 tones.
But on requirements they ask EFIS and 300 hrs on airplanes above 5,7 tones.
I don’t know if the guys who ask in this thread can just apply without having these requirements or not. Maybe in a post soviet country the soviet mentality remains and is enough to know the right people to skip something. Maybe they are just not so strict.
I any case I think they should apply
Saab 340 is a 1. generation of EFIS. Pretty much the same as in atr and very similar to 737 classic.
The gauges may look like mechanical but most of them are fully driven by ADC.
Regarding the L410, new versions are full glass cockpit and there are fairly affordable conversions available for the older ones. I remember flying with a guy who was introducing those conversions to one of the l410 operators.