PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar and Ballina again
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2023, 09:24
Gentle_flyer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
It gets better every day from ATSB/AsA/CASA!

SODPROPS at Ballina without a parallel runway and by an SFIS controller. Send them to SY to teach those lazy buggers a thing or two!

Seriously, Shirley with a TAAATS Eurocat display the blue flight plan track would be there at Ballina for the SFIS controller to see as soon as the aircraft taxied.

Anyway, correct me if I am wrong but the ATSB report did not mention the controller forgot about the Caravan or that the controller was busy….

What does the `SFIS controller use as an aide memoire for all the trafiiic not displayed but not in TAAATS Eurocat,… paper flight strips from Aviation Museum (commonly known as SY TWR) or HB pencil, paper and a wee bottle of whiteout…what was the number of those DCA forms…..seems like yesterday.

Got a feeling of deja vu!!! Oh thats right, nearly forgot, getting old you know,,,Check out

https://www.atsb.gov.au/publications...ir/ao-2019-062

Imagine that…Bit of cognitive dissonance in ATSB…hmmm

so SFIS is just FI on a good day…no surveillance, no service…

and re lack of surveillance causing problem….dont insult CAGROs that used to do it. `how have the D TWRs managed all these years??

And it didnt stop MNG happening where both tracks were surveilled by SSR and ADSB….what a joke.

Perhaps all this surveillance has led to controller/pilot complacency.

Spot on tossbag!

Do sociopaths lose sleep at night, guess I’ll ask my therapist next appointment after I ask for more sleeping tablets and some psilocybin…

Last edited by Gentle_flyer; 12th Feb 2023 at 09:29. Reason: Corrected spelling of magic mushroom