PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 11th Feb 2023, 19:00
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Toss Bag, appreciate the gesture on the GoFundMe. Still an option but not until i put that option to the CASA Board i.e., a clear direction as to whether it is communicate or litigate.

Regarding this bulletin board and accepting my posts. I agree. I am very appreciative of the forum. At risk of being a bit dramatic, some years ago I was in a pretty bad place over all of this, because I had impacted on so many. At that time, it was this forum that got me over the line. Having never had any mental trauma previously, and as anyone that suffers depression or anxiety knows, that RUOK cliche is spot on.

Expressions of support and empathy carry a lot of weight. I know the forum isn't too concerned about those aspects of it, but nevertheless, it's important to me personally, and I can attest to it.

I agree, Pprune most likely has considered this forum, and at this stage decide that it is permitted.

CASA have never asked me to stop or made any attempt to silence me. Without sounding too cocky, I never thought they would. If they took me to the Court, they would get to fund the case which would expose the misconduct. Similarly, if CASA were to approach PPrune, PPrune may only be compelled to act if a legal threat was made by CASA. I doubt that CASA would do that. It would only draw attention to the matter.

Consider this, Mr Aleck earns several hundred thousand dollars a year, and has done for many years. He is an older gentleman in what would be considered anyone's latter years. Its is highly likely that he is working for the enormous personal satisfaction that the job brings him rather than dire financial necessity. The reasonable assumption would be that he could comfortably retire at any stage.

If i was in his position, and these allegations were raised by someone against me, I would robustly defend those allegations. If my defense of those allegations was hamstrung by my employment, and I had no economic necessity to stay in that employment, I would leave it. I would then use two weeks of my significant salary to initiate legal action.

Assuming my moral compass didn't point me the right way, I might decide to hang around for another 5 years or so, earn another $1,500,000 to $2,000,000, and get another few hundred thousand into the Super for a rainy day, besides, if you love the job and enjoy it so much, why not stay on. Job satisfaction is very important.

I assume also that PPrune has considered the significance of the matter. If my allegations were found to true, there is the potential to impact on the safety of aviation. It is also a public interest matter. Absolutely everything i have said on here is the truth, and I accept absolute and total liability for every single statement that i have made on here.

Im heading off to Fat Daddys breakfast club, cheers folk