PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SmartLynx
Thread: SmartLynx
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2023, 17:26
DC934

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smartlynx

Originally Posted by Rub3ns
Hello everybody, I will correct a little bit what is written above as there's a lot of questions and misunderstanding/fake news here...First of all, I am currently working for them via a recruitement agency. I am not responsible for what you understand or what you want to understand... About the assessment :An online ATPL knowledge test (30 minutes, contains 30 questions on ATPL theory).An online psychometric assessment (approximately 3-3.5 hours).An interview meaning technical AND classical questions. As for any jobs, they want to know your knowledge about aviation (yes ATPL is a part of aviation) and you. So be prepared = stop spending too much time here and start reading your documents and EASA website. Stop asking what questions or what, just get to work. It's like any other interview for any jobs.About TR : As written on their website : 35k€ or 33.5k€ if you bring a friend.It's ground school + SIM (Barcelona for me) + Base Training (Riga for me). It's done with their ATO.It's straight forward from ground school to end of BT. You have to sign 4 agreements, one for each phase : booking / ground school / SIM / BT.Duration for our group : 2 months from ground school to end of BT. Amarob is right, you need to pay for de-icing during BT, it's not included as per agreement which you are to sign if you want to start with them, no suprise.It is to share with other guys which who you'll be flying during BT. After TR : If you are successful during the TR and ONLY AFTER THE END OF THE TR, you may be offered a contract with a crewing agency which makes you work for SL. Meaning that you are not employed by SL itself, it's true and therefore you don't get a salary but what they call : compensation. After that, you need to undergo training for emergency drills (slides, doors...), OCC and the first OPC which are done together. Then you are ready for your Line Training (LT). Mine is planned so flying in the winter is possible and will happen : you may fly in the winter but as he said it's not 100% sure. Again, it's in the contract that your are not forced to sign. No surprise. Amarob is also right here : as for now, during training (any ground training or LT) = 40€ per day. After that, it depends. But you are able to What is not true :First of all it's a one year contract from 1st of January to 31st of December so those who say that you have to stay 3 years invented it or it may have been true before, don't know, don't care.You don't need to pay 10k€ for whatever reason BUT and as for any other job including a training, there is a repayment clause for employee training costs which is logical. There is a fee of 4k€ IF you leave within the 4 months after the last OPC/LPC check.Knowing all of this, feel free to start with them or no.
Thank you so much for the info. It was really helpful. You are 100% right, Studying is the best and only way. I'm trying to refresh my knowledge and I hope I can pass the interview to join in March or April.
I really appreciate your help.