PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe again
Thread: Flybe again
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2023, 12:59
WHBM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by PC767
Also it no longer makes sense to fly most domestic routes. I gave up on the BA Man-Lhr route whilst I a small advantage of working for BA. The airport and baggage, even hand baggage, experience was dreadful. Arriving 2 hours prior to a scheduled 40 minute flight also makes little sense. With planning I often booked first class on the train for a similar price, and had a much better experience.

I also hold 'us' the public in contempt for wanting everything for next to nothing and believing that certain low cost carriers provide as such.
It is true that UK internal flights have been ruined by a series of internal own goals, not least by making BA domestics at Heathrow (which is still far and away the most significant domestic flow) share all the time consuming security and terminal walking with pax for Athens or Atlanta (some of us remember the old quick-progress specific domestic side of Terminal 1), and likewise dumping the whole domestic flight plan whenever there are flow restrictions at Heathrow in favour of all six of the wintertime half-filled flights to JFK being fully maintained.

The public don't want air travel for "next to nothing", this is only an excuse by those whose aviation employers squander their resource in various ways, such as selling a seat next to you at a quarter of the price you have paid. How annoying that is when you chat and find out.

Last edited by WHBM; 10th Feb 2023 at 13:14.