PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2023, 11:37
dr dre

Received 356 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by soseg
I can already hear the excited network pilots over the possibility of entirely stealing the mainline RPT network out west for half the wage. Wooh, let’s fly a hand me down airbus for $120k as an FO.
Network can barely keep their current level of flying operational, just like all the other subsidiaries. The ability to keep pilots on a wage of low $100k for a jet FO in the current market is not sustainable. At least one subsidiary has apparently put out the red alert for losing crew. And the others aren’t far off.

I have no doubt management would outsource all mainline flying if they could, fortunately supply and demand isn’t on their side at the moment. Plus have heard some rumblings that the IR types are realising that they have to keep people within the group or otherwise they’re at risk of losing them to the outside in the long run. For most people at a subsidiary that means some realistic profession to mainline, not a tiny drip feed. Apparently most recruiting this year will be internal as a consequence, according to a previous thread.

For instance a couple of thousand Airbus hours and the world’s your oyster, off to the ME and then 350/380 command within 4 years. Or 747 freighter skipper within 4 years.

Last edited by dr dre; 10th Feb 2023 at 12:03.